The Addams Family Animated Movie Coming to Blu-ray Early Next Year
Those who wish to own a digital copy of the film can grab theirs sooner, just in time for Christmas.
By Chris Morse
Just announced today via Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is the home video release date for this year’s The Addams Family animated movie. The physical release is headed our way early next year on January 21st, 2020 in both Blu-ray and DVD formats while the digital version will go live just in time for Christmas on December 24th. Pre-orders are now up and available over on Amazon.
The film was a decent success at the box office and MGM wasted no time greenlighting a sequel in light of its strong opening. This follow-up is already set for a target release date of October 22nd, 2021, sticking with the Halloween month trend established this year. In the meantime, however, you will soon be able to revisit the first movie with a slew of special features in tow, which you can check out below along with the official cover art.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes*
- Welcome to the Family* – In this combined Making of/Character Profiles, we hear from the filmmakers and stars of The Addams Family about how the film came about, the animation process and insight into the characters.
- Life of a Scene* – From black & white storyboards and layouts to animation and lighting, follow along with filmmakers as they bring to life a scene from the movie.
- Charades with Thing* – There’s nothing quite like a game of Charades with your friends. But what happens when the person giving the clues isn’t exactly a person? What if he’s just… a hand? On talent day, stars of the film are invited to play Charades with Thing. Talent goes head-to-head, competing to see who can guess Thing’s clues. Graphics reveal the answers and keep score for each player.
- Addams Family Throwback
- “Haunted Heart” Lyric Video – performed by Christina Aguilera
- “My Family” Lyric Video – performed by Migos, Karol G, Rock Mafia & Snoop Dogg
* Never-before-seen bonus content
The Addams Family will soon arrive on home video and stars Oscar Isaac as Gomez, Charlize Theron as Morticia, Chloë Grace Moretz as Wednesday, Finn Wolfhard as Pugsley, Nick Kroll as Uncle Fester, Snoop Dogg as Cousin It, Bette Midler as Grandma, and Conrad Vernon as Lurch.
Stay tuned to Dead Entertainment for more news and information on the upcoming sequel, tentatively set for release on October 22nd, 2021.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 31: Halloween Kills, Hellraiser, Creepshow
Plus, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina gets a final season premiere date, the first images from Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness are released, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 24: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Creepshow, Candyman
Plus, Tim Burton sets his sights on The Addams Family, Kane Hodder investigates the paranormal, Ghostbusters moves to summer, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 17: Friday the 13th, The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead
Plus, I Know What You Did Last Summer gets the green light, You adds to its Season 3 cast, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 10: The Stand, Resident Evil, The Witcher
Plus, an early teaser drops for The Addams Family 2, The Walking Dead meets Magic: The Gathering, Netflix announces a Godzilla anime, and more.