Ernie Hudson Confirms Involvement in Jason Reitman’s Upcoming Ghostbusters Sequel
According to the man himself, Winston Zeddemore will be back for the new film, which is currently in production.
By Chris Morse
As though there was any doubt Jason Reitman’s new Ghostbusters sequel would be bringing back many of its classic cast members, Ernie Hudson just revealed that we can count on an appearance from Winston as well. In a new video posted to the Cameo shout-out service, which lets fans purchase personalized videos for themselves, friends, or loved ones, the actor dropped a revealing update on his status in the new film.
“We’re shooting the new Ghostbusters right now,” said Hudson. “I’m hoping you’ll enjoy it as much as the other movies that we’ve done. I know that I’m having a blast doing them.”
At this point, we can safely say that Hudson will indeed be back for the new sequel. It stands to reason that with all the other original stars coming back, we can also count on the appearances of Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, which has been reported but not officially confirmed. All in all, there is much to look forward to as this film is gearing up to be a true passing of the torch for the beloved franchise.
The confirmed cast of the new Ghostbusters film so far includes Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, Stephen King's It), Mckenna Grace (The Haunting of Hill House, Annabelle Comes Home, Captain Marvel), and Carrie Coon (The Leftovers, Fargo, Gone Girl). The trio make up the core family unit of the story, which is said to follow a single mother and her children with some kind of mysterious ties to the Ghostbusters of old. Exactly how they will come into play remains a mystery.
Early reports revealed that Sigourney Weaver will be returning to reprise her role of Dana Barrett, with a follow-up confirmation indicating that more of the original stars would also be back, including Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Ernie Hudson. Annie Potts has even indicated that she is expecting to make a return of her own. The film also recently added Paul Rudd (Ant-Man, Avengers: Endgame), along with young newcomers Celeste O’Connor and Logan Kim.
It stands to reason that Grace and Wolfhard's characters might make up one half of the next generation of paranormal investigators, however they might stumble their way into the ghostbusting business. The main characters are said to be four teens: two boys and two girls. Considering this film will be a direct sequel to the original Ghostbusters, we will likely see a passing of the torch a way that directly connects to the story and characters we still love to this day.
The new Ghostbusters sequel is written by Gil Kenan and Jason Reitman, with the latter also directing, and will hit theaters next summer on July 10th, 2020. Stay tuned to Dead Entertainment for all the latest news and updates on this film.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up April 4: Latest Coronavirus Postponements, Train to Busan, Resident Evil 3
Plus, Friday the 13th gets a board game, Godzilla comes to Magic: The Gathering, Hideo Kojima wants another crack at horror, and more.
First Trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife Uncovers Family Secrets
The sequel is shaping up to be a high-stakes paranormal history lesson in one small, rural town.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife Revealed with First Images and Plot Details, New Poster
The title is now official and fans of the franchise can also look forward to the debut trailer this Monday!
British Rating Group Reportedly Reveals Title of New Ghostbusters, Trailer Imminent?
Film classification organization BBFC seems to have posted a trailer rating for a movie titled Ghostbusters: Afterlife.