Stephen King’s Revival is Getting a Deluxe Special Edition
The 2014 book is getting the luxurious treatment with this release.
By Jay Gervais
If you’re a fan of Stephen King, you won’t want to miss this exciting opportunity to own a deluxe special edition of his 2014 novel, Revival! You’ll have to act fast getting your pre-orders in, as the item is set to go forever out-of-print by the end of this month. Based on the specifications, which you can view below, this new edition really is rolling out the red carpet for the book.
Special Bonus Materials:
- Sixteen full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt, including three fold-out illustrations measuring 14 inches by 10 inches
- An introduction by Josh Boone, writer and director of the forthcoming feature film adaptation
- Exclusive artwork created by Vincent Chong for the film development process
- "A Nasty, Dark Piece of Work" by Bev Vincent: an overview of Stephen King's writing of the novel
- "Stephen King: The Rolling Stone Interview" — an epic twenty page interview with Stephen King originally published on Halloween 2014 by Rolling Stone magazine in celebration of the novel's publication
Special Production Features:
- Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
- Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
- Featuring two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
- Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
- Includes genuine crafted spine hubs in the spine
- Deluxe binding with colored head and tail bands
- High-quality endpapers
- Full-color signature sheets
- Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil on the spine
- Extremely collectible print run that will be a tiny fraction of the print run of the original trade hardcover edition from Scribner
As mentioned, this is a pre-order item that is available up until the end of this month, May 31st. Visit LetterPress Publications to find out more information on participating retailers selling this item. This is one for the serious collector and will knock you down $125.00, plus any associated shipping costs, and it’s expected to release later this year in December.
Autographing the signature sheets are the following individuals: François Vaillancourt, Josh Boone, Vincent Chong, and Bev Vincent. As you can see, Stephen King will not be signing.
Alien: 40 Years 40 Artists Brings Together Some of the Best Alien Artwork in One Amazing Collection
This art book offers fans of the franchise plenty to feast their eyes upon.
Stephen King’s Carrie to be Adapted as Limited Series for FX
The prolific author’s bestselling book is headed for the small screen.
Mike Flanagan Previews Extended Director’s Cut of Doctor Sleep
This is what you can expect from the upcoming three-hour cut of the Stephen King adaptation.
Mike Flanagan’s Doctor Sleep Heads to 4K Blu-ray on February 4th, Includes Extended Director’s Cut
The Digital version of the film will come out a little bit earlier in January.