FYE Goes All-Out for Night of the Living Dead’s 50th Anniversary
This exclusive collector’s set raises the bar above the rest.
By Jay Gervais
George A. Romero’s all-time classic 1968 film, Night of the Living Dead, is getting an awesome new Blu-ray release to commemorate its 50th anniversary, courtesy of the fine folks over at FYE. Check out the specs and images of the product below.
FYE’s 50th anniversary collector’s set includes the following:
- 4K Criterion Collection Blu-ray
- Graphic novel
- Commemorative movie ticket
- Lobby cards
For a breakdown on what is included on the Criterion Collection 4K Blu-ray itself:
- New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director George A. Romero, coscreenwriter John A. Russo, sound engineer Gary R. Streiner, and producer Russell W. Streiner
- New restoration of the monaural soundtrack, supervised by Romero and Gary Streiner and presented uncompressed on the Blu-ray
- Night of Anubis, a never-before-presented work-print edit of the film
- New program featuring filmmakers Frank Darabont, Guillermo del Toro, and Robert Rodriguez
- Never-before-seen 16 mm dailies reel
- New program featuring Russo on the commercial and industrial-film production company where key Night of the Living Dead filmmakers got their start
- Two audio commentaries from 1994 featuring Romero, Russo, producer Karl Hardman, actor Judith O’Dea, and others
- Archival interviews with Romero and actors Duane Jones and Judith Ridley
- New programs about the film’s style and score
- New interview program about the direction of ghouls, featuring members of the cast and crew
- New interviews with Gary Streiner and Russell Streiner
- Newsreels from 1967
- Trailer, radio spots, and TV spots
- PLUS: An essay by critic Stuart Klawans
This 50th anniversary collector’s edition of Night of the Living Dead is on sale right now and will knock you down $99.99 plus the cost of shipping. If you’re interested in grabbing yourself a copy or two, head on over to FYE today.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up June 27: Evil Dead, George A. Romero's The Amusement Park, Halloween
Plus, Lucifer sets a return date and Season 6 renewal, catch up on the latest in Stranger Things, Hulu previews what's ahead, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up July 10: Halloween, Candyman, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Plus, The Forever Purge heads to next year, Leigh Whannell enters talks to helm Wolfman, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 debuts, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up July 3: Candyman, Fallout, Into the Dark
Plus, upcoming additions to Resident Evil Resistance, a premiere date for HBO's Lovecraft Country, and more.
Blade: The Iron Cross Review: Short But Not So Sweet
This confusing, messy slog of a film thankfully won't take up too much of your hard-earned free time.