Creepshow Collector’s Edition Coming from Scream Factory
This is one Blu-ray you will want to uncrate this October.
By Chris Morse
Stephen King and George A. Romero’s classic horror anthology film Creepshow is getting the collector’s edition Blu-ray it deserves, courtesy of Shout! Factory. Aside from the usual batch of special features we can expect, this release features a brand-new 4k scan of the original negative, complete with color correction and signed off on by the movie’s director of photography, Michael Gornick.
Check out the full release details, special features, and cover art for this Blu-ray below.
Masters of the macabre – writer Stephen King and director George A. Romero – conjure up five shocking yarns, each a virtuoso exercise in the ghouls-and-gags style of classic '50s horror comics. A murdered man emerges from the grave for Father's Day cake. A meteor's ooze makes everything ... grow. A professor selects his wife as a snack for a crated creature. A scheming husband plants two lovers up to their necks in terror. A malevolent millionaire with an insect phobia becomes the prey of a cockroach army. Add the spirited performances of an excellent cast (Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Leslie Nielsen, Ted Danson, E.G. Marshall and King himself) and the ghoulish makeup wizardry of Tom Savini, and you have a non-stop, thrilling ride that "plays like an anthology of human phobias" (Roger Ebert)!
Includes 40-Page Booklet!
- NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative – Color Correction Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Michael Gornick
- Audio Commentary With Director George A. Romero And Special Make-Up Effects Creator Tom Savini
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Michael Gornick
- NEW Audio Commentary With Composer/First Assistant Director John Harrison And Construction Coordinator Ed Fountain
- NEW Terror And The Three Rivers – A Round Table Discussion On The Making Of Creepshow With John Amplas, Tom Atkins, Tom Savini, And Marty Schiff
- NEW The Comic Book Look – An Interview With Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
- NEW Ripped From The Pages – An Interview With Animator Rick Catizone
- NEW The Colors Of Creepshow – A Look At The Restoration of Creepshow With Director Of Photography Michael Gornick
- NEW Into The Mix – An Interview With Sound Re-recordist Chris Jenkins
- NEW Mondo Macabre – A Look At Mondo’s Various Creepshow Posters With Mondo Co-Founder Rob Jones And Mondo Gallery Events Planner Josh Curry
- NEW Collecting Creepshow – A Look At Some Of The Original Props And Collectibles From The Film With Collector Dave Burian
- Audio Interviews With Director Of Photography Michael Gornick, Actor John Amplas, Property Master Bruce Alan Miller, And Make-up Effects Assistant Darryl Ferrucci
- Tom Savini’s Behind-The-Scenes Footage
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Original Film Locations Hosted By Sean Clark
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot
- Radio Spots
- Still Galleries – Posters, Lobby Cards, And Movie Stills
- Still Galleries – Behind The Scenes Photos
This Scream Factory release was originally offering a limited edition bundle featuring an exclusive poster and lithograph for the first 2,000 pre-orders, but that has since sold out. If you order early, however, you can still take advantage of receiving the item two weeks ahead of its release date of October 23rd. Right in time for Halloween, as we have noticed with all of these great horror releases as of late.
The Creepshow Collector’s Edition Blu-ray will set you back $34.93 plus the cost of shipping, but considering all of the brand-new special features being offered here, that isn’t too bad. Don’t be a lunkhead like Jordy Verrill. Grab up your copy from Shout! Factory today!
Creepshow to Get a New Collector’s Edition Blu-ray
Expect bonus goodies and a brand-new transfer of George A. Romero’s classic film.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 31: Halloween Kills, Hellraiser, Creepshow
Plus, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina gets a final season premiere date, the first images from Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness are released, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 24: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Creepshow, Candyman
Plus, Tim Burton sets his sights on The Addams Family, Kane Hodder investigates the paranormal, Ghostbusters moves to summer, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up June 20: Candyman, The Walking Dead, Creepshow
Plus, Clive Barker sets his sights on the Hellraiser film rights, The Evil Dead heads to the drive-in, preview The Twilight Zone Season 2, and more.