Bag Scream Factory’s Trick ‘r Treat Blu-ray Today
Pick up this cult-classic right in time for Halloween.
By Jay Gervais
Scream Factory announced the details for their upcoming Blu-ray for the 2007 cult-classic Trick 'r Treat, which was a anthology film by Michael Dougherty (Krampus, Godzilla: King of the Monsters) featuring a number of Halloween-themed stories and our little mascot, Sam. Check out the jam-packed specs below.
- NEW 2K Scan of the original film elements supervised and approved by director Michael Dougherty
- NEW Tales of Folklore & Fright: Creating Trick ‘r Treat – including interviews with writer/director Michael Dougherty, conceptual artist Breehn Burns, and storyboard artist Simeon Wilkins.
- NEW Tales of Mischief & Mayhem: Filming Trick ‘r Treat – in-depth interview with Michael Dougherty on the making of the film
- NEW Sounds of Shock & Superstition: Scoring Trick ‘r Treat – including interviews with Michael Dougherty and composer Douglas Pipes
- NEW Tales of Dread and Despair: Releasing Trick ‘r Treat – a look at the release and fandom with Michael Dougherty and writer Rob Galluzzo
- Season’s Greetings – NEW 2K scan of the original 16mm elements – a short film by Michael Dougherty with optional commentary by Dougherty
- NEW Storyboard and Conceptual Artwork Gallery
- NEW Behind the Scenes Still Gallery
- NEW Monster Mash – a story from the Trick ‘r Treat graphic novel
- NEW FEARnet.com Shorts
- Audio Commentary with director Michael Dougherty
- Trick ‘R Treat: The Lore and Legends of Halloween featurette
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional commentary by director Michael Dougherty
- School Bus FX Comparison
- Theatrical Trailer
The street date for Trick 'r Treat on Blu-ray is October 9th, which is just in time to add it to your bag of goodies for Halloween. If you pre-order from Shout! Factory directly, you’ll receive the item two weeks ahead of its release date. It’s currently on sale at the pre-order price of $24.93 plus shipping.
If you’re interested in adding this one to your collection, visit Shout! Factory today.
Alien: 40 Years 40 Artists Brings Together Some of the Best Alien Artwork in One Amazing Collection
This art book offers fans of the franchise plenty to feast their eyes upon.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up August 8: Ratched, Antebellum, Resident Evil
Plus, Sarah Paulson will direct for the upcoming American Horror Story spinoff, Stephen King reveals a new crime drama, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up August 1: Scream, The Witcher, Killroy Was Here
Plus, a few genre Emmy nominations, Jordan Peele takes on a "Sinkhole," Boss Fight Books' Resident Evil gets a release date, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up July 25: Terrifier, The Walking Dead, Chucky
Plus, the latest pandemic film delays, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg reunite in Truth Seekers, enjoy a retro-style indie take on Bloodborne, and more.