Lucio Fulci's Zombie Getting Limited Edition 4K Blu-ray
Blue Underground seeks to release the definitive edition of this often-released classic.
By Chris Morse
Blue Underground announced earlier today that they are releasing a 4K restoration of Lucio Fulci's Zombie to celebrate the film's 40th anniversary. This limited edition release will consist of 3 discs that are jam-packed with extras and special features. You will be able to order this Blu-ray with your choice of one of three 3D lenticular slipcovers featuring scenes from the movie.
Here are the full product details for this release.
Get the new 3-Disc Limited Edition Blu-ray with your choice of 3D Lenticular Slipcover featuring 3 different iconic scenes from ZOMBIE on November 27th!
- WORLD PREMIERE of brand-new 4K Restoration from the uncensored original camera negative
- Limited Collector’s Edition includes 1080p Feature on Blu-ray, bonus High Def Extras Blu-ray, Soundtrack CD, collectible booklet, reversible sleeve with original US poster artwork (pictured below), and special 3D lenticular slipcover (First Pressing Only)
- Bursting at the seams with hours of NEW and archival Extras:
Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature + Extras:
- NEW! Audio Commentary #1 with Troy Howarth, Author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
- Audio Commentary #2 with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
- NEW! When The Earth Spits Out The Dead - Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Guillermo del Toro Intro
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Zombie Wasteland – Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
- Flesh Eaters on Film – Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
- Deadtime Stories – Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
- World of the Dead – Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
- Zombi Italiano – Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
- Notes on a Headstone – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
- All in the Family – Interview with Antonella Fulci
- Zombie Lover – Award-Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films
BONUS CD – ZOMBIE Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Fabio Frizzi
- BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by Author Stephen Thrower
- Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
- Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD; English 1.0 DTS-HD; Italian 7.1 DTS-HD; Italian 1.0 DTS-HD
- Optional Subtitles: English SDH, Français, Español, Português, Deutsch, Italiano, Dansk, Suomi, Nederlands, Svenska, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, English for Italian Audio
- All Regions
Zombie will be released on limited edition 4K Blu-ray on November 27th. Pre-orders will be live on Blue Underground soon. Will you be picking up the definitive edition of this Lucio Fulci classic? Let us know down in the comments or on social media.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 24: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Creepshow, Candyman
Plus, Tim Burton sets his sights on The Addams Family, Kane Hodder investigates the paranormal, Ghostbusters moves to summer, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 17: Friday the 13th, The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead
Plus, I Know What You Did Last Summer gets the green light, You adds to its Season 3 cast, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 10: The Stand, Resident Evil, The Witcher
Plus, an early teaser drops for The Addams Family 2, The Walking Dead meets Magic: The Gathering, Netflix announces a Godzilla anime, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up September 12: The Walking Dead, Candyman, Books of Blood
Plus, Scream 5 adds to its cast, get Freaky in a new trailer from Blumhouse, the original Friday the 13th is remastered to return to theaters, and more.