Full Details on Blue Underground’s Maniac 4K Blu-ray Revealed
Fans of William Lustig’s cult-classic are getting really spoiled.
By Jay Gervais
Coming to Blu-ray November 13th...
Experience Maniac Like Never Before!
- New 4K Restoration from the long lost, recently discovered 16mm original camera negative
- Limited Collector’s Edition includes 1080p Feature & HD Extras Blu-ray, Standard [Definition] Extras DVD, Soundtrack CD, collectible booklet, reversible sleeve featuring alternate artwork, and special 3D lenticular slipcover (First Pressing Only)
- Overflowing with hours of new and archival Extras:
Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Extras:
- Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Producer/Director William Lustig and Co-Producer Andrew W. Garroni
- Audio Commentary #2 with Co-Producer/Director William Lustig, Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Editor Lorenzo Marinelli, and Joe Spinell’s Assistant Luke Walter
- NEW! – Returning to the Scene of the Crime with William Lustig
- NEW! – Maniac Outtakes Featurette
- Anna and the Killer – Interview with Star Caroline Munro
- The Death Dealer – Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini
- Dark Notes – Interview with Composer Jay Chattaway
- Maniac Men – Interview with Songwriters Michael Sembello and Dennis Matkosky
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Mr. Robbie: Maniac 2 Promo Reel
Disc 2 (DVD) Extras:
- The Joe Spinell Story
- Maniac Publicity
- Maniac Controversy
- BONUS CD – Maniac Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Jay Chattaway
- BONUS Collectible Booklet with new essay by author Michael Gingold
- Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
- Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD; English 2.0 DTS-HD; Castellano Dolby Digital 2.0, Français Dolby Digital 2.0; Italiano Dolby Digital 2.0; Deutsch Dolby Digital 2.0
- Optional Subtitles: English SDH, Français, Español, Português, Deutsch, Italiano, Dansk, Suomen, Nederlands, Svenska, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai
- All Regions
Blue Underground will release Maniac on both Blu-ray and DVD on November 13th. Head on over to Amazon if you are interested in pre-ordering the Blu-ray or DiabolikDVD for the DVD. Both editions include the same features and bonuses, but the Blu-ray will be a far more superior experience.
For fans of the music, the inclusion of the soundtrack by Jay Chattaway (Star Trek: The Next Generation) is a worthy bonus. A CD reissue of Maniac has been a long time coming, with earlier editions being long out-of-print and strangely only released by a label in the Netherlands. It’s been more widely available on vinyl from other retailers than it’s been on CD.
About the film, Maniac follows troubled psychopath Frank Zito, who prowls the streets of New York City to murder young women and takes their scalps as trophies for his bizarre collection. After Frank meets a beautiful photographer named Anna, he begins to question his perverse lifestyle and whether he should put an end to his killing spree for the woman of his dreams.
Are you adding Blue Underground’s Maniac release to your collection? We promise we won’t strangle you if you leave us a comment below or on social media, so why not give it a try? It’s easy and only takes a minute! We look forward to hearing from you.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 31: Halloween Kills, Hellraiser, Creepshow
Plus, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina gets a final season premiere date, the first images from Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness are released, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 24: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Creepshow, Candyman
Plus, Tim Burton sets his sights on The Addams Family, Kane Hodder investigates the paranormal, Ghostbusters moves to summer, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 17: Friday the 13th, The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead
Plus, I Know What You Did Last Summer gets the green light, You adds to its Season 3 cast, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 10: The Stand, Resident Evil, The Witcher
Plus, an early teaser drops for The Addams Family 2, The Walking Dead meets Magic: The Gathering, Netflix announces a Godzilla anime, and more.