Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition Revealed, New Claire Artwork Released
This deluxe edition nearly has it all.
By Jay Gervais
Capcom announced at the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) that Resident Evil 2 is getting a collector’s edition, which will be available only in North America. It will be sold exclusively at GameStop in the United States and at EB Games in Canada. Have a look at what’s included in this release below.
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Leon Costumes: Arklay Sheriff, Noir
- Claire Costume: Military, Noir, Elza Walker
- Deluxe Weapon: Samurai Edge – Albert Wesker
- Original Version Soundtrack Swap: Option to change the music to the original games soundtrack by Masami Ueda, Syusaku Uchiyama, Shun Nishigaki, and Naoshi Mizuta.
Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure
- An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!
“Ben’s File” Art Book
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It's never been seen by the public until now.
- A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game. Music by Syusaku Uchiyama.
“R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
All of these bonus physical items will come enclosed in a sleek R.P.D Item Box packaging, which fans of the original game will of course know from seeing in the save rooms.
The Resident Evil 2 collector’s edition will retail at $199.99 USD. You will also have the option to either go with PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions of the main game, which will release on January 25th, 2019.
The only issue with this collector’s edition is that there is no figure for Claire, which is odd, considering she’s the other main character in the game. Speaking of which, a new piece of artwork with Claire on display was also released at Capcom’s panel at SDCC. Check it out.
We’re ready for Resident Evil 2, are you? Let us know your thoughts below or on social media on which edition of the game you’ll be adding to your collection.
Capcom Talks Redesigning Resident Evil 2 at SDCC Panel
The game's producer spoke about the process of revamping the original and why they did it.
The Past, Present, and Future of Resident Evil: All Roads Lead to Raccoon City Part 1
Presenting the first piece of our ongoing retrospective on Capcom’s iconic survival horror franchise.
Small Resident Evil 2 Update Adds Letter from RE3’s Jill, Read the Contents Here
It turns out the new achievement is related to a minor addition as opposed to a full DLC like some fans were hoping for.
Resident Evil 2 Remake Sales Surpass Original, New Jill-Related Achievement Revealed
The game may soon be receiving an update with at least a small tie-in to the upcoming remake of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.