Resident Evil 2 Collector's Edition Revealed, New Claire Artwork Released
This deluxe edition nearly has it all.
By Jay Gervais
Capcom announced at the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) that Resident Evil 2 is getting a collector’s edition, which will be available only in North America. It will be sold exclusively at GameStop in the United States and at EB Games in Canada. Have a look at what’s included in this release below.
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Leon Costumes: Arklay Sheriff, Noir
- Claire Costume: Military, Noir, Elza Walker
- Deluxe Weapon: Samurai Edge – Albert Wesker
- Original Version Soundtrack Swap: Option to change the music to the original games soundtrack by Masami Ueda, Syusaku Uchiyama, Shun Nishigaki, and Naoshi Mizuta.
Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure
- An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!
“Ben’s File” Art Book
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It's never been seen by the public until now.
- A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game. Music by Syusaku Uchiyama.
“R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
All of these bonus physical items will come enclosed in a sleek R.P.D Item Box packaging, which fans of the original game will of course know from seeing in the save rooms.
The Resident Evil 2 collector’s edition will retail at $199.99 USD. You will also have the option to either go with PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions of the main game, which will release on January 25th, 2019.
The only issue with this collector’s edition is that there is no figure for Claire, which is odd, considering she’s the other main character in the game. Speaking of which, a new piece of artwork with Claire on display was also released at Capcom’s panel at SDCC. Check it out.
We’re ready for Resident Evil 2, are you? Let us know your thoughts below or on social media on which edition of the game you’ll be adding to your collection.
Review: Boss Fight Books' Resident Evil Explores the Storied Origins of Survival Horror
Philip J Reed's deep dive into the video game that started a legendary horror franchise is more than just a trip down memory lane.
Resident Evil 7: A Late-Bloomed Love Story
A new review from our Awesomely-late-to-the-game contributor.
Resident Evil 8 Showcased at PlayStation 5 Reveal Event
The next entry in the long-running survival horror video game series is coming your way in 2021.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up August 8: Ratched, Antebellum, Resident Evil
Plus, Sarah Paulson will direct for the upcoming American Horror Story spinoff, Stephen King reveals a new crime drama, and more.