Zombieland: Double Tap Coming to Home Video Next Year, Digital Available Soon
This year’s zombie comedy sequel will be available to own on January 21st.
By Jay Gervais
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is bringing the goods next year with the release of Zombieland: Double Tap on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, standard Blu-ray, and DVD on January 21st. If you can’t wait until then, you can grab up a digital copy later this month on December 24th, right in time for Christmas!
If that wasn’t enough to get you excited then perhaps glancing at the special features included with the release will. You can have a look at those below, along with the official cover art.
- Extended Bloopers & Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Beast is Gone”: Tragedy falls upon Tallahassee.
- “Van Rides”: A vehicle says a lot about a person.
- “Would of Never Met”: Wichita and Columbus discuss what their lives would have been like if not for the zombie apocalypse.
- “In Bed”: Tallahassee’s still got it!
- “Breakfast at Babylon”: Cruelty-free breakfast and conversation.
- “Car Ride”: Road trips were made for family bonding.
- “Melting Gun”: Tallahassee says goodbye to another friend.
- “There’s a Party Tonight”: I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of hippies.
- “Alternate Proposal”: Love is the perfect mix of cool and uncool.
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
As you can see, a generous amount of special features are included here that should definitely pique your interest! If you want a taste of the blooper real, we offered up a preview of that back in October. There's no doubt the home video release will feature even more fun outtakes for your amusement.
If you’re interested in pre-ordering this item on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, head on over to Amazon and snag it for just $29.99. The item will ship for its January 21st, 2020 release date.
If you fancy either the standard Blu-ray priced at $22.99 or the DVD for $19.99, you can place your orders for those versions there as well. As mentioned, the digital-only version of the film will be available to own later this month on December 24th, 2019.
Filmmaker Ruben Fleischer Would Love to Do More Zombieland
Whether it's a standalone Madison movie or taking the 20-year challenge with another sequel next decade, the director is up for it.
Zombieland: Double Tap sees our returning characters moving to the American heartland as they face off against evolved zombies, fellow survivors, and the growing pains of the snarky makeshift family.
The cast includes original stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin, as well as newcomers Zoey Deutch, Rosario Dawson, Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley, The Final Girls), Luke Wilson (Old School, Anchorman), and Avan Jogia.
Ruben Fleischer returned to the director's chair while the first film's screenwriters, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, penned the script. Zombieland: Double Tap will soon be available on home video.
Scream Factory Bringing Escape from L.A. to Collector’s Edition Blu-ray in April
John Carpenter’s 1996 follow-up film to Escape from New York is getting a brand-new home video release.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up January 10: American Horror Story, What We Do in the Shadows, The Howling on Netflix
Plus, Sabrina gets a music video, we get a first look at Into the Dark: My Valentine, Doctor Strange moves on from its director, and more.
Our First Look at Marvel and Sony’s Morbius Film May Come Next Week
Reports are indicating the first official trailer for the movie could arrive the week of January 12th.
True Detective Actress Leven Rambin Joins Cast of the Upcoming Fifth "Purge" Movie
The actress is also known for her appearance in The Hunger Games.