Bug Fixes Aplenty Highlight the Latest Friday the 13th: The Game Update
No, it’s still not brand-new content, but the developer is keeping its promises with respect to continuously improving the experience for players.
By Chris Morse
Another update for Friday the 13th: The Game is upon us and once again it focuses on improving the player experience by ironing out a handful of bugs. This upcoming patch aims to address several prominent issues that have been documented by players on the forums and elsewhere, such as interaction locks for both counselors and Jason, various exploits, and Virtual Cabin 2.0 bugs.
It’s a welcome update for the game’s core community, which has dwindled due to the ongoing legal dispute between Sean Cunningham of Horror Inc and Victor Miller over the rights to the franchise, but the developer has remained committed to supporting the game with various changes and improvements nonetheless. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the aforementioned legal dispute, restrictions were placed on the creation of new content, which forced the studio to cease all development immediately.
That being said, the developer can continue to fix issues, add polish, and work on other improvements, but the sad reality is that no further content releases are anywhere on the horizon. Even so, kudos to the team for continuing to support their product and make the game better, even if only a little bit at a time. Check out the complete patch notes below.
GENERAL & FINE TUNING
- Various Quality of Life fixes implemented to the Virtual Cabin 2.0.
- Removed helium from various floating objects on all maps.
- Resolved an issue with environmental kills not displaying on Higgins Haven Small.
- Fixed an issue with the Emote user interface. Dance like nobody's watching…
- Various Quality of Life fixes for Menu items.
ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION
- Resolved multiple issues that allowed players to reach rooftops on all maps.
- Resolved multiple issues that allowed players to reach areas that Jason could not reach on all maps.
- Made areas where players were stuck less sticky.
- Fixed an issue where the Shift ability would allow Jason on rooftops.
- Cars no longer damage players through walls.
- Fixes applied to prevent counselors from parking the car and blocking Jason from reaching them.
- Corrected several scenarios that caused players to suffer an interaction lock including:
- During bear trap deployment or interaction.
- While performing blocks.
- While weapon swapping.
- While weapon swapping and entering combat stance.
- During small item use.
- While dropping items.
- After using the map.
- After aiming the flare gun or shotgun.
- Dodging while dropping a weapon.
- When shifting and interacting with items, environment, or counselors.
- When shifting into water. (He really wasn’t a good swimmer.)
JASON SPECIFIC CHANGES
- Using the sweater to stun Jason while he is already down will not activate the next phase of the kill progression, and will not allow players to kneel him directly from the down state. This was an unintended effect where players were able to stun a stunned Jason, leading to the Tommy Jarvis kill on Jason.
- Fixed an issue where Jason shifting to avoid the sweater stun animation still allowed counselors to bring him to his knees without the stun.
The patch will soon roll out on each platform whenever certification is complete, so keep an eye on the game’s official forums or social media accounts for specifics on when the update goes live on your console of choice. Until then, players at least have a good idea of what they can look forward to when the patch is live on the game's servers.
Regarding other news about the game, we haven’t yet received any updates on the upcoming Nintendo Switch version, which is due to arrive sometime this spring, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted whenever we hear more. Stay tuned!
Weekly Horror News Round-Up November 7: The Walking Dead, Friday the 13th: The Game, Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Plus, Hulu pulls the plug on Castle Rock, the Resident Evil film reboot adds to its cast, Demon's Souls get a fancy character creator, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up October 17: Friday the 13th, The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead
Plus, I Know What You Did Last Summer gets the green light, You adds to its Season 3 cast, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up September 19: Resident Evil, Stranger Things, Demon's Souls
Plus, check out the full trailer for Scare Me, Blumhouse and Amazon pull back the curtain on 4 movies, Scream 5 gets another star, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up September 5: Friday the 13th, The Stand, The Haunting of Bly Manor
Plus, the latest updates on Scream 5, preview The Walking Dead Season 10 finale, the NOS4A2 TV series gets the axe, and more.