State of Decay 2 Gets 4th of July-Inspired DLC and Update
The Independence Pack comes alongside a massive update of free content.
Just in time for the 4th of July here in the United States, State of Decay 2 is kicking off a celebration for being the best-selling video game in May as well as reaching 3 million players. To honor this occasion, Microsoft has released the Independence Pack, featuring new vehicles, weapons, a crafting station, and even a new fireworks vendor.
What do you get in this firework-filled content? Glad you asked, patriot. The Independence Pack features three zombie-ready vehicles, access to a supply drop containing three new patriotic melee weapons, two unique ranged weapons and piles of single-use fireworks that are perfect for causing general havoc (or making blood plague elimination a much more festive occasion):
- Take the Pyrohawk, Burninator or Meatwagon out for a spin. With names like these, you know driving will be more entertaining.
- Step up to your station at the BBQ with The Freedom Ringer, Grillmeister and BBQ Fork – new hand-held zed-slaying solutions.
- Subtlety not your thing? Well we have the Pyro Launcher and Starshank Launcher so you can blast zombies with fiery explosives.
- Just like loud noises with pretty colors? You’re in luck! The Block Rocker, Reign o’ Fire, Bouncing Boris and XL Firework Shell offer even more options to turn a mission into a celebration.
If that’s still not enough boom, you can also use the new Fireworks Crafting Station facility mod to craft additional fireworks or ammunition for your fancy new fireworks launchers. Also keep an eye out for a new wandering trader hosting a fire sale on these explosive new goodies. That’s right, a good ole traditional fireworks sale.
The Independence Pack costs $4.99 or is free to owners of State of Decay 2: Ultimate Edition. Alongside this first DLC, developer Undead Labs has also released the latest game update patch, fixing a number of bugs as well as adding tons of additional content for free to all players. The most important changes are listed below, while the full patch notes can be found here.
- “Revolutionary War” zombies can now appear in the world.
- Who knew there were so many history buffs in town right when the outbreak occurred?
- 20 new missions now available to players:
- 10 ambient missions, which can occur as players explore the map.
- 7 enclave missions, expanding the stories that can be told about neighboring groups.
- 3 community missions, offering new options for your group to solve crucial problems.
- New Red Talon & Network weapons added to the game:
- Danforth Slugger (a lead-filled baseball bat).
- Trumbull Gatekeeper (a lovingly improved model 70).
- RTX Extermination Blade (a military-grade zombie fightin’ blade).
- RTX Cyclone (a fully automatic 12 gauge pistol).
- RTX Rampart (a Vulture .44 with automatic fire, able to stop a charging juggernaut).
- Previous Red Talon weapons have been rebranded as RTX and given new coats of paint:
- SOCOM II RT is now the “RTX Hordebreaker.”
- Scar-H RT is now the “RTX Stormbringer.”
- Vector Ultracompact RT is now the “RTX Piranha.”
- A new “Rare Books” trader can appear every few game days, with the following new skill books available for the low low price of 1500 Influence: Driving, Lichenology, Fishing, Scrum Master.
Are you excited to try out all of this new game content for State of Decay 2, be it from the DLC or just the new update as a whole? Let us know!
State of Decay 2 Shambling Its Way to Steam Next Year
Fans will be able to enjoy this title on their preferred PC gaming platform sometime in early 2020.
Trailer: State of Decay 2 Reveals Story-Based "Heartland" DLC, Available Now
The multiplayer zombie survival game reveals its first story-based content update at E3 2019.
Survive Until Daybreak with State of Decay 2's Newest DLC
The stakes are higher in the game's latest content addition.
Microsoft Wins Big With State of Decay 2 Sales
State of Decay 2 was May's best-selling video game.