Killing Floor 2 Takes a Summer Trip to the Skies in New Update
It's summer time in Killing Floor 2. Time to fly.
Killing Floor 2 developer Tripwire Interactive is celebrating the arrival of summer in style with their latest game update, dubbed The Summer Sideshow: Treacherous Skies. One of the first things players will notice is that all of the zeds, including the bosses, have been temporarily changed to carnival and circus-themed variants, so we hope you're not afraid of clowns.
Below the surface, however, there is an impressive amount of brand-new content, all of which is listed below. This includes two new maps, one set on a steampunk airship and the other in a space station.
KILLING FLOOR 2 -- THE SUMMER SIDESHOW: TREACHEROUS SKIES key features include:
- New Map: Airship
- Help Lockhart reach his home island on the command airship by completing a series of increasingly challenging objectives
- New Community Map: Endless Lockdown
- Players can look forward to seeing this fan-made community favorite map officially available for the first time in KILLING FLOOR 2
- New Weapons
- M99 AMR Sniper Rifle for Sharpshooter
- Static Strikers for Berserker
- Doomstick for Support
- Goreshiv Survivalist Knife
- Weapon Upgrade System
- Upgrade any weapon!
- Players can now take any of their favorite weapons and make them viable for late-game play
- Prestige System
- Players can reset their perk after reaching perk level 25 to get exclusive weapon skin for their perk along with vault dosh rewards
- Mrs. Foster
- A totally new playable character DLC with her own voice which is localized in all supported languages
- English voice done by the talented Claudia Black!
In addition, KILLING FLOOR 2 players on all platforms can look forward to a ton of other new features and quality of life improvements with fresh and freaky new looks for the horde of zeds, a new steampunk soundtrack, [and] new achievements.
Will you be trying out this latest content for Killing Floor 2 or is your head just in the clouds? I personally was able to play over the weekend and had a blast with this update, especially on the airship map. Let us know what you think of it.
Soulsborne Games Weren't for Me, Until They Were
How stepping outside my comfort zone became a warm welcome into the wonderful world of challenging video games.
Review: Maneater Serves Up Underwater Fun and Adventure
Tripwire’s new shark-focused action RPG delivers a solid, yet comical bite.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up May 9: The Twilight Zone, Scream, The Last of Us
Plus, a look at the new Xbox's horror slate, CBS greenlights its Silence of the Lambs spinoff, Ryan Murphy updates us on AHS Season 10, and more.
Highlights from Mick Gordon’s DOOM Eternal Soundtrack
Check out some of our favorite pieces from this heavy-hitting album.