Killing Floor 2 Takes a Summer Trip to the Skies in New Update
It's summer time in Killing Floor 2. Time to fly.
Killing Floor 2 developer Tripwire Interactive is celebrating the arrival of summer in style with their latest game update, dubbed The Summer Sideshow: Treacherous Skies. One of the first things players will notice is that all of the zeds, including the bosses, have been temporarily changed to carnival and circus-themed variants, so we hope you're not afraid of clowns.
Below the surface, however, there is an impressive amount of brand-new content, all of which is listed below. This includes two new maps, one set on a steampunk airship and the other in a space station.
KILLING FLOOR 2 -- THE SUMMER SIDESHOW: TREACHEROUS SKIES key features include:
- New Map: Airship
- Help Lockhart reach his home island on the command airship by completing a series of increasingly challenging objectives
- New Community Map: Endless Lockdown
- Players can look forward to seeing this fan-made community favorite map officially available for the first time in KILLING FLOOR 2
- New Weapons
- M99 AMR Sniper Rifle for Sharpshooter
- Static Strikers for Berserker
- Doomstick for Support
- Goreshiv Survivalist Knife
- Weapon Upgrade System
- Upgrade any weapon!
- Players can now take any of their favorite weapons and make them viable for late-game play
- Prestige System
- Players can reset their perk after reaching perk level 25 to get exclusive weapon skin for their perk along with vault dosh rewards
- Mrs. Foster
- A totally new playable character DLC with her own voice which is localized in all supported languages
- English voice done by the talented Claudia Black!
In addition, KILLING FLOOR 2 players on all platforms can look forward to a ton of other new features and quality of life improvements with fresh and freaky new looks for the horde of zeds, a new steampunk soundtrack, [and] new achievements.
Will you be trying out this latest content for Killing Floor 2 or is your head just in the clouds? I personally was able to play over the weekend and had a blast with this update, especially on the airship map. Let us know what you think of it.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up November 7: The Walking Dead, Friday the 13th: The Game, Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Plus, Hulu pulls the plug on Castle Rock, the Resident Evil film reboot adds to its cast, Demon's Souls get a fancy character creator, and more.
Weekly Horror News Round-Up September 19: Resident Evil, Stranger Things, Demon's Souls
Plus, check out the full trailer for Scare Me, Blumhouse and Amazon pull back the curtain on 4 movies, Scream 5 gets another star, and more.
Review: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 Once Again Delivers Retro Castlevania-Style Goodness
Koji Igarashi and Inti Creates keep the past alive in this latest 8-bit delve into the Bloodstained world.
Review: Boss Fight Books' Resident Evil Explores the Storied Origins of Survival Horror
Philip J Reed's deep dive into the video game that started a legendary horror franchise is more than just a trip down memory lane.